Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

So this Valentine's Day was not what I expected but it ended up being kinda nice. I woke up with some sinus pressure that would drive a person crazy but I pushed through and was determined on making pink chocolate chip pancakes for the boys for breakfast! Ian loved them and ate 4! There is something about oddly colored food that seem so exciting when you're a kid! They did turn out pretty good if I do say so myself!



While I was cooking the boys opened all the Valentine's cards from the grandparents and they were thrilled with the stickers and the lolly pops! Thank you guys! Can you just see the excitement on their faces! hahaha! Declan was actually growling at me for taking pictures! So funny!



After breakfast the boys let me take a nap for like 2 hours (completely unheard of!) without doing to much damage. Shortly after I woke up, they saw the neighbors outside playing in the snow. You all know that means, they have to do it too and I wasn't getting out of it! So we all got bundled up and went outside to discover that it was 35 degrees outside (heat wave!) and amazingly beautiful! I tried to work on the driveway again but the lack of energy prevented me from getting much done but the boys loved being outside! As you can see, Declan really loves to help but when one refuses to put their thumbs in the thumb hole of the mittens it makes shoveling difficult! He's so cute!





Surprise surprise, this is the only picture I could get of Ian. He just really can't be bothered by getting his picture taken. And the hat is killing me but at least he'll wear a hat!



Did I mention that Declan loves to eat snow. I was talking to a neighbor and looked around to see Declan and there he was with his chunk of snow. He must have sat there for a good 10-15 minutes just looking around and eating his snow chunk! Needless to say, this was the closest he came to a nap, unfortunately! But he slept so good that night!


No comments:

Post a Comment