Monday, March 7, 2011

Training week #7


I can not believe I've been doing this for seven weeks already! I know I've come a long way but I still have a hard time calling myself a runner. I have noticed that if I don't run I get a little antsy! I guess that's a good thing considering that I'm due to run a marathon in June! With more running comes some different issues. I'm learning how to dress for a run in icy, snowy, and freezing weather. I'm learning that if you don't start out with hot water in your water bottles when it's 0 degrees then when you need that drink it will be frozen! I'm learning that it does matter what you eat and drink before a run. It's amazing what you learn about yourself when you're running!

It's amazing how a team seems to keep me going strong especially on the longer runs! This includes my friends and family that have been a constant encouragement on my posts and Facebook! Speaking of long runs...I surpassed my previous record of longest run this past Saturday! I ran just under 8 miles and I didn't die! It shouldn't amaze me still, but I am every time! It's such an awesome feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment