Saturday, March 19, 2011

Training Week #8

This week I have been really enjoying running outside! That says a lot when it's still in the 20's or colder here most of the time! It's the amazing sunshine that I feel so excited about! I didn't realize how much I love sunshine even if it's still cold outside and it's a major mood booster for me lately! I guess that's good considering I ran 15.5 miles this week and a personal best for a 10k (6.2 miles) at 77 minutes! I'm sure for you super speedy running friends of mine that's nothing but for me it is amazing!

The photos for today's post is from my run on Saturday. I'm sure it's some sort of training party foul that I'm taking pictures but I just can't help myself. I'm making it a point to enjoy this training experience instead of being too serious about it. Having fun doesn't mean I'm not trying my hardest, it just means that I am determined to appreciate the beauty of my surrounding and being thankful for every mile I'm able to run!

(along the Glen Hwy. heading toward Ft. Richardson)

(leaving Ft Richardson on Arctic Valley Rd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment