Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving turned out to be an amazing success, if I do say so myself. I know, modesty, but I was so freaking out about this that I was up at 3am just cause I couldn't turn the brain off! I made decorations with the boys. Ok, well, Ian helped for about 30 seconds and then I did the rest. Maybe next year they will be feeling more creative or atleast willing to do craft projects with me. The 20.5 lb turkey was beautiful and done! I made 5 cheese mac and cheese, homemade cornbread and sausage stuffing, braised fingerling potatoes with rosemary, cranberry/pomegranate sauce, whiskey-glazed carrots, ginger snaps, pumpkin pie, and apple tart. Jackie brought super yummy sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and toll house pie! We were quite gluttonous and I loved every minute of it! It is truly killing me though, that we didn't get any pictures of the food or decorations or our guests! You all will just have to take my word for it. What the heck was I thinking? But I did get a picture of Declan and his busyness while the grownups were still sitting around the table talking. I can't complain, since he wasn't whining or hurting anyone. He was just making an enormous mess and loving every minute of it!


I am so very thankful for my family (both near and far) and friends to make this Thanksgiving wonderful! We are truly blessed beyond belief and I'm striving to remember this everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment